Location: Deerfield, IL
Marcum LLP's Accounting Services Group provides the support, objectivity and expertise businesses need to succeed within the context of an ever-changing business landscape. We offer a broad spectrum of accounting, financial, and consulting services across a number of industries to give business owners and managers the insight they need to prosper.
Marcum is seeking an experienced and dynamic Accounting Services Senior to join our growing team in Deerfield, IL. The Accounting Services Senior will be responsible for providing high level review and compilation services, financial statement preparation, developing an understanding of the client’s business, anticipating and addressing client concerns, and consultation services on complex projects. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of relevant experience in a public accounting firm, with a concentration in assurance services.
- Performs compilations and reviews for clients in various industries.
- Project manages one or more client assignments simultaneously with effective use of project management techniques and organization of resources to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Performs a detailed review of the assignment team's work to ensure quality, thoroughness and completion of assigned tasks within agreed timeframes.
- Responsible for all aspects of financial statement preparation.
- Prepares and reviews work papers to document work performed and support conclusions reached.
- Builds and nurtures strong working relationships with client management and peer client levels.
- Pro-actively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum 2 years of accounting and assurance experience in public accounting. Preferred 3-5 years in public accounting or industry.
- Licensed CPA strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of accounting systems including Excel and QuickBooks. Experience with ProSystem fx Engagement a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, motivate and lead a team.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and preserve a customer service approach when building and maintaining client relationships.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.