Location: Los Angeles, CA
At Marcum LLP, we combine resources and technology to deliver the best of both worlds for our clients and employees. No two days are alike, so being able to operate efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment is key.
We have a great opportunity for an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist for our Los Angeles office. We are looking for a team-oriented professional to help manage daily office operations, and excellent organization skills are required.
This position is the "Director of First Impressions" and is responsible for greeting all clients and guests, managing all phone calls, mail and special deliveries, as well as internal catering for meetings and clients.
- Up to 5% travel
- Handle oneself professionally and address the needs of our employees, clients and vendors in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Open and close the office each day on a timely basis and schedule conference rooms.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail, including special types of delivery.
- Maintain supplies for mail processing (including conducting an inventory monthly).
- Maintain the supplies and cleanliness in kitchens and the general public space.
- Order, set up and clean up food service for events and snacks/drinks for employee kitchens.
- Own transportation required for periodic errands.
- Provide backup reception for other offices.
- Assist various departments (including human resources, tax and marketing) with administrative tasks.
- Special projects as assigned (including scanning, copying, collating, data entry and written correspondence).
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of experience in a large corporate environment.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet Explorer.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively at every level of the organization.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- High School diploma required. Bachelor's degree is a plus.
- The individual must be able to sit for long periods of time and lift up to 35 pounds.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.