Location: New Haven, CT
Marcum LLP is seeking an experienced candidate with a solid financial accounting background to join our growing and well-established national firm in the New Haven, Connecticut office. The positions require a high-energy, experienced individual with strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
Our growing practice provides tremendous career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages.
- Prepare daily and weekly reports for all regions.
- Prepare Scorecards for all regions.
- Assist with preparation of month-end balancing and journal entries.
- Preparation of general ledger analysis of accounts.
- Prepare sales tax returns and review of bills for use taxes.
- Act as a backup for other members of the department as needed.
- Assist in year-end financial schedule preparation as needed.
- Must be able to handle complex accounting assignments within established deadlines.
- Duties require judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues.
- Work with highly sensitive and confidential information, and to strictly maintain both the integrity and confidentially of all firm data.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed based on needs of department .
- Flexibility to work weekends as needed.
- Keeping Controller and regional Partner-in-Charge informed on status of work assignments.
- Complete other additional accounting work as assigned by management.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Solid analytical skills .
- Proficient and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Effective listening skills.
- Strong time management, analytical and research skills.
- Strong work ethic, and ability to do what it takes work approach attitude.
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Exceptional problem solving abilities along with good organizational skills.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.