Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Assurance Manager is responsible for managing audit, review and compilation assignments and projects. This includes coaching, advising, and directing team members in managing and meeting client expectations.
- Develops and strengthens long-term relationships with senior client. management, manages client expectations, and ensures client satisfaction.
- Establishes work plan for each client assignment including assigning tasks and responsibilities, and ensures completion in accordance with plan and client expectations.
- Manages the assignment budget and profitability in area of responsibility.
- Managers the preparation of financial statements and management letters.
- Reviews and prepares work papers to ensure documentation adequately supports conclusions reached.
- Provides staff evaluation and guidance during and at the end of each engagement as well as completes annual and semi-annual performance evaluations.
- Conducts research, prepares memorandums and summarizes findings.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of accounting systems including Excel and QuickBooks. Experience with CaseWare and/or ProSystem fx Engagement a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, develop and coach teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and active participation in networking.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates strong ability to develop and maintain customer service approach when building and maintaining client relationships.
- A general understanding of market trends including opportunities, global and local business initiatives and stakeholder/competitor interests.
- Proficient knowledge of GAPP and GAAS.
- Minimum 5 years accounting and audit experience in a public accounting firm.
- B.S degree in accounting and CPA required. Advanced degree preferred.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.