Location: Chicago & Deerfield, IL
The Assurance Senior is responsible for providing and overseeing high level audit, review and compilation services, and developing an understanding of the client's business, anticipating and addressing client concerns.
- Project manages one or more client assignments simultaneously with effective use of project management techniques and organization of resources to ensure achievement of assignment objectives.
- Performs a detailed review of the assignment team's work to ensure quality, thoroughness and completion of assignment tasks within agreed timeframes.
- Reviews and audits business transaction cycles including cash, treasury, capital expenditures and other income and expenses.
- Prepares financial statements including footnotes, and supplemental information, and drafts other client reports.
- Prepares and reviews work papers to adequately document work performed and support conclusions reached.
- Builds and nurtures strong working relationships with client management and peer client levels.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of accounting systems including Excel and QuickBooks. Experience with CaseWare and/or ProSystem fx Engagement a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, motivate and direct a team of people.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer service approach when building and maintaining client relationships.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of GAPP and GAAS.
- Minimum 3 years of accounting & audit experience in a public accounting firm.
- B. S. degree in accounting or finance, CPA preferred.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.