Location: Los Angeles, CA
Marcum LLP is seeking experienced Assurance Seniors to join our growing and well-established national firm in our Los Angeles office. The position requires a high-energy, experienced professional with strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
Our growing assurance practice provides tremendous career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages.
- Time will be spent in the field at client sites, primarily within the Los Angeles area. Approximately 10 - 15% of travel is outside of the Los Angeles area.
- Seniors possess the ability to handle the day-to-day planning of client engagements.
- Supervise the activities of staff assigned to audit engagements.
- Perform and have a strong knowledge capital of all audit functions.
- Assist junior staff with understanding general audit practices, as well as Marcum LLP practices, procedures and system.
- Possess the desire and ability to maintain positive client relationships and cross sell the firm's other services.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, accounting errors and irregularities, fraud, or non-compliance with laws and regulations
- Prepare detailed audit report findings
- SEC reporting experience preferred
- Interview clients' staff to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and integrity
- Perform research when necessary
- Take complete ownership of specific aspects of the engagement and see them through to completion
- Effectively utilize engagement software
- Strong communication, research, analytical and writing skills.
- Proven technical skills with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with accounting software, ProSystem FX engagement preferred.
- Solid organization skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- 3+ years independent audit experience in public accounting.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Accounting.
- CPA certification or completion of the CPA exam within a year preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and auditing/tax standards to effectively supervise staff and solve routine engagement problems
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.