Location: Philadelphia, PA
Responsible for performing engagement field work under the engagement Supervisor or Manager while overseeing engagement staff accountants. Meet billable hours requirement.
Time will be spent in the field at client sites, primarily with in the tri-state area. Approximately 15 – 20% of travel is outside of the metro area.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, accounting errors and irregularities, fraud, or non-compliance with laws and regulations.
- Prepare detailed audit report findings.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Interview clients' staff to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and integrity.
- Effectively plan engagement, and delegate to and supervises staff.
- Perform research when necessary.
- Take complete ownership of specific aspects of the engagement and see them through to completion.
- Effectively utilize engagement software.
- Assume manager role when necessary .
- Communicate engagement needs to the client.
- Recognize extended service opportunities .
- Keep current on recent technical pronouncements .
- Proactively participate in professional development opportunities, i.e. Mentoring Program .
- Successfully complete CPA Exam .
- Maintain annual required CPEs .
- Assume manager rolls.
- Strong technology skills .
- Communication and interpersonal skills .
- Effective listening skills .
- Strong time management, analytical and research skills .
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy .
- BA/BS/MS in Accounting .
- Eligible to sit for the CPA Exam or has obtained CPA license .
- 2 – 6 years of relevant experience .
- Knowledge of accounting principles and auditing/tax standards to effectively supervise staff and solve routine engagement problems.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.