Location: New York City, NY
- Execute daily fieldwork activities of engagements, including training and delegation of work to staff.
- Supervise engagement to bring it to completion within budgeted hours and maintain budget to actual information for engagement.
- Prepare and review financial statements, including complex footnote disclosures.
- Develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with client personnel.
- Provide performance feedback and training to staff.
- Review staff work papers for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinate and supervise all aspects of engagements, from planning to fieldwork, report preparation and wrap up.
- Ensure engagement manager and partner are updated timely on all aspects of the engagement.
- Perform technical research as required.
- Effectively utilize engagement software.
- Ability to prepare complex footnotes.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong understanding of accounting and auditing concepts to develop audit plan, perform testing of complex audit areas and adapt audit approach to changing client environments.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge or internal control systems and ability to collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, accounting errors and irregularities, fraud, or non-compliance with laws and regulations.
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- CPA a plus.
- BBA/BS/MS in Accounting
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.