Location: Philadelphia, PA
Responsible for conducting several client engagements simultaneously, while working under the direction of a partner or manager. Oversee staff during audit engagement. Meet billable hour requirements.
Time will be spent in the field at client sites, primarily with in the tri-state area. Approximately 10 – 15% of travel is outside of the metro area.
- Coordinate various phases of engagements; plan engagements, budget time and expenses, monitor actual performance against budget, review work papers for accuracy and completeness, and review financial statements for suitability of presentation and adequacy of disclosures.
- Oversee audit planning, field work, and audit reporting; prepare reports, and communicate findings and recommendations to management.
- Responsible for the daily supervision and development of audit staff.
- Monitor actual time incurred and analyze actual time versus budgeted time.
- Ensure engagement manager and partner is updated timely on all aspects of the engagement.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for all aspects of the assurance engagement from planning, to report issuance, to closing the binder.
- Perform technical research as required
- Communicate engagement needs to the client
- Recognize extended services opportunities
- Cultivate effective relationships with client and staff
- Keep current on professional pronouncements
- Participate in Level Training for junior staff
- Proactively participates in professional development opportunities, i.e. Mentoring Program
- Coach Staff
- Practice development (recommended)
- Demonstrated technical abilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Strong time management, analytical and research skills
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy BBA/BS/MS in Accounting
- 5 - 8 years of relevant experience
- Eligible to sit for the CPA Exam or has obtained CPA license
- Ability to prepare complex footnotes
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.