Location: Boston, MA
Role and Function
The Audit Administrative Assistant is responsible to report directly to the Human Resources Manager in the Boston office. The primary function of the Audit Administrative Assistant is to provide full audit administrative support to the Partners/Directors and other professionals as assigned.
The Audit Administrative Assistant must have1) strong typing skills and have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, including 2) Word, 3) Excel and 4) Power Point. The Audit Administrative Assistant should have adequate knowledge of basic technology, network operations, office equipment, phone systems, and other appliances.
The Audit Administrative Assistant must be willing to participate in and take responsibility for all daily office administrative support needs as required. The Audit Administrative Assistant will need to have an ability to handle a diversity of projects within defined time deadlines and effectively communicate to supervisors on the status of projects in process. The Audit Administrative Assistant must be able to work directly with other members of management, as needed.
The Audit Administrative Assistant should maintain a strong work ethic, a sense of firm commitment, good organizational skills, and an ability to be accessible when needed (extended hours).
Reporting and Supervisory Relationship
Reports directly to the Human Resources Manager, and indirectly to the Partners & Directors of the Boston office. The Audit Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for working directly with other professional members of the firm's management team.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist Partners/Directors and professionals in the Boston office with their business and administrative needs as it relates to word processing, document filing, scanning and copying.
- Typing and editing of client financial statements as prepared by professional staff.
- Proofread financial statements for grammar, punctuation, spelling, and content under tight deadlines
- Add footnotes for financial statements
- Assembly of financial statements for final delivery to client.
- Prepare, type and edit correspondence and engagement letters (letters, e-mails, mailings, etc.) and statistical information (including Excel spreadsheets and Power Point presentations); finalize engagement letters.
- To respond to the needs of all Partners, Directors and firm management as it relates to the operation of the firm and its business practices.
- Provide assistance to all word processing requests from other regional offices when requested.
- Will assist in replenishing and maintaining inventory of Boston office stationary and general office supplies including office coffee service.
- Responsible to check incoming correspondence and communicate immediate attention matters to partners during their absences.
- Responsible for the use of courier services for delivery of client material, as needed.
- Assist with answering phones for receptionist (on "as-needed" basis).
- Provide back-up support for bank deposits.
- Must follow established firm policies as they relate to client matters and employee personnel policies.
- Promptly notify network management and HR of issues or problems as they occur.
- Perform other administrative assignments, as required.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.