Location: Philadelphia, PA, Melville, NY, New York City, NY
As a sales representative, you will acquire and deepen relationships with clients by providing comprehensive planning and advice to help the client and their employees minimize their risk by the most cost-efficient means available in the health insurance industry.
Our advisors tailor customized programs to achieve the best possible balance of risk and reward for our clients and their employees.
- Evaluate clients' health insurance history, financial position and available capital to help them identify their best possible health insurance arrangement.
- Analyze, draft and implement comprehensive health insurance plans to help meet client objectives.
- Identify and develop new business through existing and potential clients.
- Stay current and informed of new PPACA-related legislation, products and market trends.
- Participate in training and development to continually improve the ability to provide the best advice and service for clients.
- Prepares and delivers clear, effective and professional presentations.
- Effective listening and questioning techniques to identify clients' needs.
- Use mathematics sufficiently to analyze numerical data, ratios among percentages and rates of change in trend analysis.
- Productive networking and prospecting in the community.
- Verbal communication skills to communicate ideas and thoughts in a clear, professional manner.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications to produce correspondence and electronic communications.
- Leadership and training skills to direct the work of administrative employees (as applicable).
- Knowledge of health insurance and general insurance products.
- Life, Accident Health Insurance license.
- Clean CRD/U4 record.
- Knowledge of technology and software planning tools toanalyze and report financial data.
- MS Excel, Word and Outlook proficiency to read,interpret and send documents.
- 2-3 years of prior sales experience in the business industry.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.