Location: Deerfield, IL
Marcum LLP’s Healthcare consulting group is an industry leader in assisting clients with Federal and State reimbursement programs and responding to the ever changing regulatory environment. The Healthcare Accounting Specialist is specifically responsible for cost report preparation for both State and Federal Government programs.
- Prepare required governmental reports for healthcare clients.
- Develop understanding of titles XVIII and XIX regarding Medicare and Medicaid laws.
- Work with Excel spreadsheets to prepare work papers and supplemental schedules.
- Contact clients directly to acquire necessary information and documentation for preparation of reports.
- Research various Healthcare issues affecting nursing homes, home health agencies, hospices, and other providers.
- Keep abreast of latest developments affecting Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and other technical areas.
- Research industry developments and changes affecting our clients and draft bulletins for educational purposes.
- Work with staff and partners on various Healthcare projects.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- 1-2 years accounting experience, preferably in Healthcare.
- Experience preparing and reviewing Medicare and Medicaid cost reports preferred.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.