Location: San Jose & San Francisco, CA
At Marcum LLP, we combine resources and technology to deliver the best of both worlds for our clients and employees. No two days are alike; being able to operate efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment is key.
We have a great opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist to oversee HR in San Francisco and San Jose for a top national public accounting firm. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for overseeing all staffing and employee operations. Responsibilities include college and experienced-hire recruiting, onboarding, performance management, employee relations, and assistance with payroll.
- Ability to travel between San Jose and San Francisco locations is required
- Work closely with management to solve key problems and provide innovative solutions around people and culture (which includes our nine core values)
- Collaborate with the extended HR team to implement or improve programs and processes in benefits administration, compliance, learning and development, appreciation and recognition and employee relations
- Manage the talent acquisition and onboarding processes for entry-level and experienced new hires
- Partner with several universities and host as well as attend on-campus events such as Meet the Firms, accounting awards dinners, interviews, information sessions, mock interview and resume workshops.
- Educate and partner with employees on performance management, career development and training goals
- Manage the performance evaluation process, buddy and mentor programs as well as the employee recognition programs
- Ability to develop good relationships with third party recruiters
- Handle various employee relations matters as needed
- Manage all administration associated with employment related matter
- Provide event planning for busy season, birthday celebrations, holidays and our State of the Firm event
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Highly motivated to make a meaningful impact on an organization and to better oneself professionally in a business setting
- Ability to influence peers and senior leaders across the company to drive the right outcomes
- Work cross functionally with a diverse group of HR professionals in multiple geographies
- Intellectually curious to understand California employment related laws and regulations
- Solid working knowledge of ADAAA, FMLA, CFRA, PDL, PFL, SDI, Workers' Compensation, San Francisco Health Care Ordinance, Paid Sick Leave and EEOC compliance. Must become familiar with Paid Parental Leave law.
- Mid-level technology skills, with proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint required
- Attentive to details and able to also step back and apply big picture thinking
- Working knowledge of human resource information systems required
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to listen effectively
- Work well under pressure and with a team; able to meet deadlines with accuracy
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving abilities are a must
- Ability to work independently and exercise professional judgment while applying specialized proficiencies of a human resources professional
- Team player with desire to be an active participant within the organization
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments; able to multi-task
- Ability to learn processes quickly and apply the knowledge
- Have a strong desire to maintain a customer service approach focused on exceeding expectations in all areas
- Bachelor's degree– Human Resource Management or similar degree preferred
- Four to six years progressive HR experience with key experience in developing people required
- HR Certification (PHR or SPHR) preferred
- Ability to split your time between the San Jose and San Francisco offices required.
- Experience supporting a public accounting or professional services firm preferred
- Multi-state and/or site support experience preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.