Location: Los Angeles or Irvine, CA
At Marcum LLP, we combine resources and technology to deliver the best of both worlds for our clients and employees. No two days are alike; being able to operate efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment is key.
We have a great opportunity for an HR Scheduler to be responsible for assigning the right resource to the right client at the right time, while balancing and optimizing employee growth, client results and business metrics for California. The candidate will anticipate needs and work with partners to maximize utilization.
- Ability to travel between California locations on a periodic basis (currently Irvine, Los Angeles, San Jose, and San Francisco).
- Ability to acquire a thorough knowledge of the skills of the staff and the skills required by the clients/projects.
- Meet with staff regularly to obtain an understanding of their growth needs and project preferences and set expectations regarding skill demand and possible opportunities.
- Anticipate engagement/project conflicts and identify creative alternative solutions that maximize utilization and minimize available hours and at the same time increase staff development.
- Manage unassigned time.
- Provide excellent client service by building strong relationships with partners, directors, and managers.
- Prepare and analyze reports in People Planner and/or Maconomy which include requirements planning, staff availability, staff boards, and staffing by client among others.
- Identify issues and trends by analyzing key metrics of billable hours and availability.
- Primary point of contact for unassigned staff.
- Collaborate with human resources manager to integrate new hires into engagement/project teams.
- Encourages sharing of resources among offices within the California region and external to the region if needed.
- Identifies needs that cannot be fulfilled by resources and collaborates with human resources to ensure requisitions are opened and filled.
- Effectively uses the human resources information system to update and track skill profiles to ensure forecasting is accurate.
- Prepares and uses Monthly Forecasting Report to ensure staffing needs, utilization, staff shortages and surpluses are identified.
- This candidate will be measured based on utilization attainment for the California region, the ability to assign staff to engagements/projects on a timely basis, and turnover.
- Highly motivated to make a meaningful impact on an organization and to better oneself professionally in a business setting.
- Strong metrics-focused with ability to use analytics to solve problems and develop solutions.
- Ability to influence peers, staff and senior leaders across the company to drive the right outcomes.
- Work cross functionally with a diverse group of HR professionals in multiple geographies.
- Intellectually curious to understand the firm's business and operations.
- Mid-level technology skills, with proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint required.
- Attentive to details and able to also step back and apply big picture thinking.
- Working knowledge of human resource information systems required.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to listen effectively .
- Work well under pressure and with a team; able to meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving abilities are a must.
- Ability to work independently and exercise professional judgment while applying specialized proficiencies of a strategic resource professional.
- Team player with desire to be an active participant within the organization.
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments; able to multi-task.
- Ability to learn processes quickly and apply the knowledge .
- Have a strong desire to maintain a customer service approach focused on exceeding expectations in all areas.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Three to six years progressive resource planning experience with key experience in developing people required.
- Experience supporting a public accounting or professional services firm preferred.
- Multi-state and/or site support experience preferred.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.