Location: Melville, NY & Philadelphia, PA
As a Junior Financial Advisor your roles and responsibilities are to provide technical financial planning and investment management work, usually with other professional planners in the firm and under the supervision and guidance of a Lead Advisor and/or Senior Advisor. The objective of the JFA is to help the Lead or Senior Advisor to increase and improve existing client relationships and to support the development of new client relationships in the private wealth and corporate benefits group space (primarily retirement plans).
The majority of your time on a weekly basis should be spent in meetings (both client and prospect) with a Lead Advisor or Senior Advisor and then subsequently delegating tasks to the client service department and developing and executing planning details and follow-up.
You should have the ability to give advice to clients and should be able to make recommendations (with supervision of higher level advisor) on client financial plans and investments. Additionally you should have the ability to create and organize presentations and illustrations (with supervision of higher level advisor) for new client and prospect financial planning, investment and retirement planning opportunities.
Since you have already obtained and maintain the proper licensing you should be able to work directly with clients and attend client meetings with other professional advisors and/or work with the smaller client accounts on their own.
The position requires some moderate amount of marketing and sales abilities.
- Participate in meetings with Lead/Senior Advisors.
- Prepare and make recommendations for client financial plans, perform current and future needs analysis on clients and prospects accounts, including entering data and running reports using various tools such as Morningstar, GPM, data collecting using CE questionnaire and financial planning software tools.
- Prepare and make recommendations on client investments, including the creation of investment policy statements and portfolio allocation reports.
- Prepare and make recommendations on asset protection strategies including the creation of life, disability and long-term care insurance illustrations and needs analysis reports.
- Assist Lead/Senior Advisor in understanding and discovering key data points on clients and prospects through meetings, conversations, interviews, and questions around personality, lifestyle, budget needs, college planning, values, relationships, assets, goals etc.
- Act a backup for Lead/Senior Advisor on advisory and planning questions from clients.
- Build investment plans based on lifestyle needs and goals.
- Gathering information regarding client financial information, organizing electronic case files, preparing reports, letters, and other correspondence, and completing special projects as appropriate.
- Create and cultivate referral opportunities through client service with COI's and current client base.
- Assist Lead/Senior Advisor with client portfolio and planning reviews by assessing the current situation, developing recommendations for improving or changing the current situation by implementing and developing strategies to reallocate, rebalance, and re-strategize to reflect current life-stage and goals.
- Assist Lead/Senior Advisor with client communications, such as creating, organizing and writing newsletters and economic reports.
- Delegation of non-advisory follow up work to the client service associate/specialist or administrative department.
- Coordinate and participate along with the Lead/Senior Advisor in client service prospecting events.
- Create client focused presentations for client education needs.
- Series 7, 63, and 66 a must.
- Experience working in a client service environment.
- Detail orientated, strong math, and analytical skills.Good organization and time management skills.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and prioritizes effectively.
- Able to independently work with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer and software skills.
- Able to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Process oriented and can work with a team.
- 1 to 3 yrs experience.
- College degree or equivalent.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.