Location: Deerfield, IL
The Marcum Level I Service Support technician is responsible for first response in answering, commenting and replying to open incidents in the help desk. The proper candidate will have the ability to identify and organize tickets according to priority and forward tickets to engineers and escalation techs. A strong aptitude in OS, repairs, spyware removal, virus removal, hardware, troubleshoot, upgrades is expected. This position will assist support staff with field work as needed. The position requires knowledge of computer logic and methodology to run computer systems. The individual will also participate in projects and other types of work outside the scope of normal support.
- Provide Superb service to the end users.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and document Tier I application incidents and problems in the ticketing system.
- Able to identify and organize tickets according to priority.
- Provide onsite support for their assigned office(s) and\or region.
- Distribute tickets to engineers and escalation technicians if unable to resolve in the level I queue.
- Participate in On Call rotations.
- Participate in Service Group Projects.
- Liaise with IT Engineering when needed to execute various tasks\projects.
- Serve as a liaison between staff and the IT department to resolve issues.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of all issues in their assigned office(s) and\or region.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of IT Configurations in their assigned office(s) and\or region.
- Keep IT Management informed and updated regarding open issues that have been escalated.
- Ensure all inventory lists are up to date including computers, printers, copiers.
- Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years of industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with supporting software applications including Microsoft Office and other software.
- Experience with Windows Windows 7.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills on desktops, laptops, printers.
- Mobile phone/device support experience.
- Experience providing remote support over the phone.
- Strong interpersonal skills while working within a team environment.
- Knowledge of mobile device setup/configurations.
- Experience with Windows 10.
- Understanding of computer networking.
- Microsoft certifications are a plus.
- Experience working in helpdesk ticketing systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with imaging computers.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.