Location: Chicago, IL
The Office Administrator-Receptionist must have an understanding of facility operations and systems, be able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and have strong customer service skills.
- Managing daily office operations – responsible for opening and closing the office and maintaining cleanliness and order.
- Demonstrating confidence, professionalism, responsiveness and exceptional customer service skills.
- Answering multi-line switchboard and directing calls for downtown and Deerfield office.
- Performing administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings, drafting communications, managing conference room schedules, handling internal catering needs, and supporting professionals with special projects as needed.
- Liaising with building and property management to ensure compliance with property policies and procedures with regard to building access and security, guests, deliveries, maintenance and repairs.
- Processing mail – maintaining organized and efficient shipping procedures and courier service between downtown and suburban offices.
- Maintaining detailed accounting of office and kitchen supplies; placing orders; reviewing billing in a timely manner.
- Minimum 2 years Receptionist/Administrative experience in client-facing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written.
- Possess the ability to learn new computer software programs.
- Attention to accuracy and detail. Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Basic understanding of office technology, systems and equipment.
- Proven track record of providing exceptional customer service skills in the presence of Executive level employees and guests.
- Occasional overtime and weekends may be required.
- High school diploma required; bachelor's degree preferred.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.