Location: Boston, MA
Responsible for tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes. Lead and manage multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services for our clients.
- Build new and existing client relationships and demonstrates basic knowledge of client's businesses.
- Review federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, benefit funds, real estate, and exempt organizations.
- Handle federal, state and local tax audits.
- Train and supervise staff, review and evaluate their work.
- Manage multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
- Represent the Firm by presenting on areas of expertise at 3rd party events.
- Complete performance evaluations constructively and timely, and also provides ongoing performance feedback to employees.
- Maintain required annual CPEs.
- Participate in firm sponsored activities.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Detail orientated with ability to multi-task.
- Thorough understanding of complex technical issues.
- Decisively executes solutions to problems.
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)/Tax law knowledge.
- 10+ years prior experience in public accounting and tax
- Tax audit experience.
- Significant supervisory experience (2+ years).
- B.S. in Accounting.
- Master's Degree in Business Taxation preferred.
- Licensed CPA.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.