Location: Chicago & Deerfield, IL
The Tax Associate provides consulting and tax services for clients in a wide variety of industries including non-for-profit, healthcare, professional services, and manufacturing, among others. Our staff has exceptional opportunities to develop professionally through challenging assignments, broad based exposure to varied aspects of taxation, direct interaction with clients and personalized mentoring/career planning.
- Addresses routine client tax questions and works with clients to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance.
- Prepares individual, partnership, corporate, and fiduciary tax returns.
- Prepares tax projections and planning.
- Researches and documents tax issues and keeps abreast of tax changes and issues that could affect our clients.
- Understanding of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with RIA Go-System software, CCH and RIA Checkpoint desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements in a fast-paced environment.
- 1 - 3 years public accounting experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Tax, MST a plus.
- CPA preferred.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.