Location: New Haven, CT
Marcum LLP is seeking an experienced Tax Manager to join our growing and well-established national firm in our New Haven, CT office. The positions require a high-energy, experienced tax professional with strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
Our growing tax practice provides tremendous career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages.
- Interact closely with clients to provide innovative individual and corporate tax planning, consulting and compliance services in a timely and effective manner.
- Specialization and experience in both individual and corporate returns and flow through entity tax areas.
- Supervise and help drive the success of multiple engagements in corporate and partnership taxation.
- Prepare facets of a tax provision including FIN 48 (ASC 740) and/or be responsible for secondary review of client prepared tax provision.
- Ensure complete client satisfaction through open communication, managing deadlines and proactively sharing tax saving strategies.
- Provide proper representation with taxing authorities for clients under federal or state examination. Possess strong writing skills for responding to problem resolutions for tax notices.
- Work closely with Partners, Principals, Directors, Senior Managers and staff on client management, professional development and business development activities.
- Supervise, develop, train and mentor staff including performance and engagement reviews.
- Be involved in practice development efforts of the firm.
- Provide on the job training to subordinates.
- Assist partners with preparation of engagement budgets, client billing and staff performance reviews.
- Review staff work product and ensure firm processes and quality control procedures are being executed.
- Must have outstanding work ethic, willing to roll up sleeves work attitude.
- Attend professional development and continuing educations sessions on a regular basis.
- BBA/BS in Accounting.
- Masters in Taxation degree or LLM in Taxation a plus.
- CPA certification required with 5+ years tax experience.
- Strong technical skills pertaining to tax preparation and review, tax compliance, agency correspondence and tax research.
- Experience in the individual/fiduciary tax areas is a plus.
- Ability to attract and develop profitable, sustainable client relationship.
- Flexibility to travel between the New England offices and client locations. All candidates must have their own personal vehicle for travel requirements.
- Experience in construction accounting industry is a plus.
- Ability to articulately communicate professional technical knowledge.
- Effective business advisory skills.
- Decisively identify and execute solutions to problems.
- Thorough understanding of complex tax issues.
- Ability to problem-solve and think both creatively and logically.
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements and tight deadlines.
- Outstanding leadership, mentoring and interpersonal skills foster client and staff relations.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.