Location: Boston, MA
Marcum LLP is seeking experienced Tax Seniors to join our growing and well-established national firm in our Boston, MA office. The positions require a high-energy, experienced tax professionals with strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
Our growing tax practice provides tremendous career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages.
- Interact closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting and compliance services in a timely and effective manner.
- Supervise and help drive the success of multiple engagements, specifically in the high net worth, individual, and tax flow through processes.
- Ensure complete client satisfaction through open communication, managing /meeting deadlines and proactively sharing tax strategies.
- Work closely with Partners, Directors, and staff on client management professional development and business development activities.
- Will assist in the training and developing staff.
- Attend professional development and continuing educations sessions on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting required.
- Masters in Taxation degree or LLM in Taxation a plus.
- CPA certification or working towards certification required with 3+ year's tax experience.
- Strong technical skills pertaining to tax preparation and review, tax compliance, agency correspondence, tax research and flow through.
- Proficient knowledge of CCH Prosystems Fx and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with GoFileroom a plus.
- Ability to problem-solve and thinking both creatively logically.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and demonstrate knowledge of basic technical skills, as well as related knowledge of necessary systems and procedures.
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills fostering client and internal relationships Excellent analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Effective listening skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.