Location: Chicago & Deerfield, IL
The Tax Senior Manager is responsible for the delivery of a full range of tax services for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries including non-for-profit, healthcare, professional services, and manufacturing, among others.
- Interacts closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise.
- Plans, executes and monitors multiple client service teams, including budgets and production goals.
- Manages federal, state and local tax audits.
- Provides primary and secondary review of complex tax returns.
- Supervises, trains, develops and coaches staff and senior associates.
- Builds new and existing client relationships and demonstrates basic knowledge of client's businesses.
- Researches and documents tax technical issues.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- A confident demeanor and the ability to build relations with firm personnel as well as clients.
- Eight + years of tax consulting and compliance experience in public accounting; trusts & estates experience a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or taxation, masters in taxation preferred.
- Licensed CPA.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.