Location: All Locations
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, the Tax Staff will develop work papers, determine groupings of balance sheet items and make decisions on executing the completion of accounting and tax services for business, individual clients, and trusts and estates. Under the direct supervision of a Senior, Supervisor, or Manager, the Staff will receive appropriate guidance and training to complete assignments.
- Prepare federal and state corporate, individual, and partnership returns, including exercising professional judgment with respect to issue identification to develop solutions to tax issues in returns.
- Research tax issues and legislation.
- Interpret tax code.
- Provide and maintain documentation to support tax return calculations.
- Reconciliation of book to tax income.
- Analyze depreciation to determine proper methodology for tax impact on client engagements to decide best treatment of disposed for obsolescence and new fixed assets placed in service.
- Make projections on future tax liabilities based on variable options to make client recommendations as part of the tax planning process.
- Interact with client personnel regarding tax return information, deadlines, etc. and keep team informed on status.
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
- Keep current on professional announcements.
- Proactively participate in professional development opportunities, i.e. Mentoring Program, Coaching, CPE's, etc.
- Initiate and develop relationship with appropriate levels of the client's management team.
- Conduct oneself professionally as a representative of the Firm.
- Work beyond standard hours is expected throughout the year.
- Provide training to co-workers on technical areas of tax expertise.
- Give insight and thought leadership to corporate publications on tax matters.
- Minimal travel to client sites may be required.
- Additional responsibilities, not listed above may be expected as needed.
- Must have strong technology skills and be proficient with all aspects of Microsoft Office. Working knowledge and experience with GoSystem Tax RS, ProSystem fx Tax and ProSystem fx Engagement are a plus.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to listen effectively.
- Work well under pressure; able to meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills are a must.
- Ability to learn processes quickly and be able to apply that knowledge to engagements.
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments; be able to multi-task.
- Basic knowledge of federal and state tax compliance.
- Team player with desire to be an active participant within the organization.
- Have a strong desire to maintain a customer service approach focused on exceeding expectations in all areas.
- Knowledge of basic tax laws/Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- At least 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university (minimum of 150 college credits required).
- M.S. in Taxation (preferred).
- Must have CPA license or be eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.