Location: All Locations
We are looking for CPA candidates who are looking to be groomed to become leaders within our firm. Working under the direct supervision of a Senior, Supervisor, or Manager, the Tax Staff will perform basic tax assignments.
- Prepare federal and state corporate, individual, and partnership returns.
- Prepare State and Local Tax projects and assist with tax examinations.
- Research tax issues both federally and in many state jurisdictions.
- Reconciliation of book to tax income.
- Analyze depreciation methods.
- Assist in tax planning and projections.
- Put forth a diligent effort to pass CPA Exam and advance technical knowledge.
- Keep current on professional pronouncements.
- Maintain annual CPE requirement.
- Timely communication to all members of engagement team and appropriate client personnel.
- Act as a representative of Marcum, and help identify and recruit candidates.
- Basic technology skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Professionally hungry with a bright mind and great energy.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in State and Local Tax required.
- Sales tax experience a plus.
- BBA/BS/MST in Accounting.
- Eligible to sit for the CPA Exam.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.