Location: Boston, MA
Marcum LLP is seeking experienced Staff or Senior to join our growing and well-established national firm in our Boston office. This position requires a high-energy, experienced professional with strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and with a team, along with a strong desire to be willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
Our growing tax/accounting services practice provides tremendous career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages.
- Prepare federal and state corporate, individual, and partnerships returns (gift tax and trust & estate tax return knowledge a plus).
- Prepare a working trial balance from client records.
- Prepare relevant work papers and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare adjusting entries.
- Prepare state and local sales tax and payroll tax returns.
- Prepare financial statements, including cash flow statements and note disclosure.
- Interact with client personnel.
- Research tax and GAAP issues and topics.
- Draft responses to inquiries from taxing authorities.
- Local travel to client locations and training courses.
- Knowledge of basic tax laws/Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to problem-solve and think both creatively and logically.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge and experience with GoSystem Tax RS, ProSystem fx Tax and ProSystem fx Engagement.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, Peachtree is a plus.
- 2-3 years' experience in public accounting.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting required (minimum of 150 college credits required).
- CPA certification or be eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.