Location: Miami, FL
Marcum LLP is seeking an experienced Tax Supervisor / Manager to join our growing and well-established national firm in our Miami office. This position requires a high-energy, experienced tax professional with strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
Our growing tax practice provides tremendous career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary and benefit packages.
- Supervise and help drive the success of multiple engagements in all facets of taxation.
- Perform initial review of complex tax returns for high net-worth individual, corporate and partnership/LLC clients.
- Interact closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting and compliance services in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure complete client satisfaction through open communication, managing expectations, meeting deadlines and proactively sharing tax saving strategies.
- Work closely with Partners, Senior Managers and staff on client management, professional development and business development activities.
- Supervise, develop, train and mentor staff including performance and engagement reviews.
- Attend professional development and continuing education sessions on a regular basis.
- International tax, expatriate and inpatriate tax compliance and planning experience a plus.
- Strong technical skills pertaining to tax preparation and review, tax compliance, agency correspondence and tax research.
- Ability to problem-solve and think both creatively and logically.
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines.
- Outstanding leadership, mentoring and interpersonal skills fostering client and internal relationships.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to attract and develop profitable, sustainable client relationships.
- 5+ years tax experience required in a CPA firm setting.
- Masters in Taxation degree & CPA Certification required.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.