Location: Chicago & Deerfield, IL
The Trust and Estates Tax Associate will provide high level financial and estate planning services including preparation of trust tax returns. Our staff has exceptional opportunities to develop professionally through challenging assignments, direct interaction with clients and personalized mentoring/career planning.
- Prepare Estate and Gift Tax Returns, primarily Forms 706 and 709.
- Prepare Fiduciary Income Tax Returns, including Forms 1041 and 1040.
- Knowledge of tax fiduciary law and trust accounting principles.
- Experience with compliance in the areas of estate transfer taxation, gift taxation, fiduciary income taxation and generation-skipping taxation.
- Familiarity with concepts of probate accounting, trust accounting, plans of distribution and funding.
- Review and research any tax situation that could affect the management of accounts.
- Engage in special projects related to client matters involving tax accounting and consulting.
- Understanding of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with RIA Go-System software, CCH and RIA Checkpoint desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of Trusts & Estates experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Tax, MST a plus.
- CPA preferred.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum offers our employees exceptional benefits. Periodic research is conducted to make sure we are at the forefront of the industry. Following are just some of the items in our benefit package:
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus program.
- CPA exam assistance and assistance with licensing fees.
- CPA bonus.
- Client referral bonus.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid personal time off.
- Career development program.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Supplemental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Retirement plan with a generous employer contribution.
- Continuing education assistance.