The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announced through the release of the July 7, 2014 Federal Register (Vol .79 No. 129) a proposed rule concerning the update to the Home Health Prospective Payment System. (HH PPS) rates, including the national, standardized 60 day episode payment rates, the national per-visit rates and the non-routine medical supply (NRS) conversation factor effective January 1, 2015.
Some of the key highlights of this proposed rule are as follows:
- Proposes a rebasing adjustment to the HH PPPS payment rates
- Proposes changes to simplify the face-to-face encounter regulatory requirements
- Changes the HH PPS case-mix weights
- Provides for Changes to the home health quality reporting program requirements
- Provides for changes to simplify the therapy reassessment timeframes
- Provides changes to the Speech –Language Pathology (SLP) personnel qualifications and
- Provides discussion on Medicare coverage of insulin injections under the HH PPS
For a complete detailed analysis please refer to http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2014-07-07/pdf/2014-15736.pdf and or contact us directly.