The Connecticut Department of Revenue Services (DRS) has announced today additional state extensions, following the recent Presidential Disaster Declaration for Connecticut and the IRS announcement of tax relief for victims of Tropical Storm Irene.
DRS will extend the filing and payment dates as follows:
Returns and payments due October 31, 2011:
- Connecticut Individual Income Tax: CT-1040 series
- Connecticut Corporation Business Tax: CT-1120 series
- Connecticut Income Tax for Trusts and Estates: CT-1041 series
- Connecticut Composite Income Tax: CT-1065/1120SI
- Connecticut Unrelated Business Income Tax: CT-990T series
This includes all applicable estimates, extensions and returns originally due on or after August 27 and on or before October 31.Payments by electronic funds transfer must be initiated no later than 4:30 pm on October 28, 2011 to be considered timely.
The previously announced filing extension of returns and payments due September 13, 2011 remains in effect for the following Connecticut taxes, which were originally due between August 31 and September 13:
- Sales and use tax,
- Business use tax,
- Room occupancy tax,
- Admission and dues tax,
- Alcoholic beverage tax,
- Tourism surcharge,
- Weekly income tax withholding,
- Gift and Estate
Additional information can be found at the DRS website at www.ct.gov/DRS or by calling the State at (800) 382-9463. For further questions, please contact your Marcum LLP Tax Professional.