Marcum's tailored suite of services for the new fund manager.
Your hard work and determination have brought you this far. A successful fund manager needs to cover all the bases. Your time is valuable; spend it doing what you do best – managing assets and securing investors. Let Marcum help you with the rest.
Choosing the right professionals for your team can make the difference between being a winner and just being in the game. When you choose Marcum’s Alternative Investment Group, you can count on us to tailor a suite of services to fit your fund's structure and meet your compliance requirements.
- Hedge funds.
- Private equity funds.
- Venture capital funds.
- Funds of funds.
- Real estate investment funds.
- Management companies.
- General partners.
In addition to the more traditional long/short equity funds, Marcum's Alternative Investment Group has in-depth knowledge of complex entities with hard-to-value investments, such as PIPE funds, life settlement funds, ABL funds and credit strategies.
As a new fund manager, you face a massive challenge to remain compliant with complex partnership and securities tax issues, financial reporting requirements, and partnership agreements. With increased regulation and compliance rules, Marcum’s Alternative Investment Group works for you by proactively staying on the cutting edge of relevant policies, practices, and procedures.
Marcum’s highly-respected team of professionals will help you meet the challenges of starting or managing your fund. Consider who'll be working hard to help you realize your success:
- Thought leaders who are recognized experts in the industry.
- Technical experts in the area of fund reporting and taxation who ensure that you are compliant with the complex terms of fund documents, FASB, SEC and IRS requirements.
- Professionals committed to delivering the highest level of personal service.
- A team whose responsiveness and accessibility is unmatched by our competitors.
With our bench strength of knowledgeable professionals dedicated exclusively to the Alternative Investment Group, we've established a reputation as an industry leader. Our experience with myriad complex investments has allowed us to carve out a niche practice area in hedge funds and private investment partnerships. We individually tailor a wide range of services to meet each of our client's needs.
We understand that the risks, hard work, and costs of startups are daunting, and we're sensitive to your concerns. That's why, at Marcum, we're committed to working with you to achieve an affordable solution.
- Certified audits, reviews and compilations of financial statements.
- Verification of performance results.
- Advising on regulatory issues.
- Assessments of internal controls.
- SSAE 16 reports – Types 1 and 2.
- Surprise custody examinations.
- Engagements for agreed upon procedures.
- Fund formation and structuring, including evaluations of and recommendations for attorneys, prime brokers, fund administrators and other industry service providers.
- Fund document review.
- Financial operations and compliance review.
- Regulatory registration, including offshore jurisdictions.
- Industry best practices.
- Compensation and ownership planning for the firm and the management team.
- Preparation of fund, management company, general partner and principals tax returns and K-1s.
- Innovative tax planning.
- Structuring entities.
- Partner tax allocations.
- ASC 740 (a.k.a. FIN 48) analysis.
- Tax and retirement planning for business and principals.
- Family Wealth Services.
- Valuations and Forensic Accounting.
- Litigation Support.
- Broker-Dealer and Investment Advisor Registration.
- Financial Operations and Compliance.