Marcum's Alternative Investment Group is unique in its focus.
Assisting alternative investment advisors isn't just a part of what we do, it is ALL that we do. We focus our expertise on the audit, tax, and consulting needs of emerging and established fund managers. Since this is our specialty, we are superior in our expertise and nimble in our technique.
Marcum's highly-respected team of professionals can help you meet the challenges of starting or managing your fund. Our thought leaders are recognized experts, frequent speakers at industry conferences and often quoted in trade publications. In today’s environment of increased regulation and changing rules, Marcum's Alternative Investment Group stays on the cutting edge of relevant policies, practices and procedures.
In addition to our core audit and tax services, Marcum's Alternative Investment Group is able to accommodate project demands from firms that are watching their costs more closely. They appreciate the quality service that an independent accounting firm of our size is prepared to offer, while containing costs and maximizing efficiencies.
The Alternative Investment Group at Marcum LLP has been ranked among the top 5 hedge fund service providers in accounting. Institutional Investor's prestigious Alpha Awards honor accounting firms that excel in five aspects of service, including client service, hedge fund expertise, regulatory & compliance, audit and tax.
- Hedge funds.
- Private equity funds.
- Venture capital funds.
- Funds of funds.
- Real estate investment funds.
- Management companies.
- General partners.
In addition to the more traditional long/short equity funds, Marcum's Alternative Investment Group has in-depth knowledge of complex entities with hard-to-value investments such as PIPE funds, life settlement funds, ABL funds and credit strategies.
With our Emerging Manager Program, we offer a suite of services for the new fund manager. We help you meet the challenges of starting or managing your fund.
We remain committed to offering our clients the highest level of personal service available. The responsiveness and accessibility that Marcum's team offers is unmatched by our competitors.LEARN MORE
With our bench strength of knowledgeable professionals dedicated exclusively to the Alternative Investment Group, we've established a reputation as an industry leader. Our experience with myriad complex investments has allowed us to carve out a niche practice area in hedge funds and private investment partnerships. We individually tailor a wide range of services to meet each of our client's needs.
We understand that the risks, hard work, and costs of startups are daunting, and we're sensitive to your concerns. That's why, at Marcum, we're committed to working with you to achieve an affordable solution.
- Certified audits, reviews and compilations of financial statements.
- Verification of performance results.
- Advising on regulatory issues.
- Assessments of internal controls.
- SSAE 16 reports – Types 1 and 2.
- Surprise custody examinations.
- Engagements for agreed upon procedures.
- Fund formation and structuring, including evaluations of and recommendations for attorneys, prime brokers, fund administrators and other industry service providers.
- Fund document review.
- Financial operations and compliance review.
- Regulatory registration, including offshore jurisdictions.
- Industry best practices.
- Compensation and ownership planning for the firm and the management team.
- Preparation of fund, management company, general partner and principals tax returns and K-1s.
- Innovative tax planning.
- Structuring entities.
- Partner tax allocations.
- ASC 740 (a.k.a. FIN 48) analysis.
- Tax and retirement planning for business and principals.
- Family Wealth Services.
- Valuations and Forensic Accounting.
- Litigation Support.
- Broker-Dealer and Investment Advisor Registration.
- Financial Operations and Compliance.