Marcum's Alternative Investment Group is able to accommodate project demands from larger hedge funds, private equity funds, and funds of funds that are watching their costs.
They appreciate the quality service that an independent accounting firm of our size is prepared to offer while containing costs and maximizing efficiencies. Registered with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board ("PCAOB"), Marcum has received unqualified PCAOB reports and on its peer reviews, which means that we practice according to the highest standards of our profession.
- Surprise custody examinations.
- SSAE 16 Reports - Types 1 and 2.
- Internal control reviews.
- Financial statement preparation and liaison between auditor and firm.
- Broker/Dealer and Investment Adviser registration and financial operations compliance.
- Consultation on and review of taxable implications of event-driven transactions.
- Tax preparation.
- Individual tax returns for principals.
- Family wealth services for principals, including educational tax advisory sessions.
- CFO "project" outsourcing.
- New regulation advisory.
- Evaluation and re-assessment of firm "retirement" plan - potential advantages of Defined Benefit vs. 401K (Marcum Financial Services LLC).
- New fund launches and document review.
- Consultation on structuring entities.
- Financial operations and compliance review.
- Verification of performance results.
- ASC 740 (a.k.a. FIN 48) analysis for non-audit clients.
- Consultation on foreign reporting obligations.