November 21, 2013
David Glusman, Advisory Services Partner, Quoted in Region's Business Article "Innovator Of The Year Awards Celebrates Philly"
Six Philadelphia companies in four industry sectors were named winners at the inaugural Marcum Innovator of the Year Awards last Thursday, November 14. The awards honored the contribution of innovation to the Philadelphia area economy and the companies behind the ingenuity. Winners included:
- Technology (small) – Stream TV Networks, innovator of 3D viewing technology that converts all programming into 3D format without the need for special glasses.
- Technology (large) – Raiant, pioneer of scalable and easily deployed Kinetic Mesh network technology for industrial and military wireless communications.
- Healthcare (small) – HealthQx, innovator of data analytics and software solutions for transparency into the quality and cost efficiency of the healthcare system.
- Healthcare (large) – Globus Medical Inc., a medical device manufacturer specializing in the design, testing and launch if innovative spinal implants.
- Business Management – Continuum Health Alliance, a practice management services innovator.
- Energy – StratIS EMS, an energy management system that allows building managers to control energy usage at every point of consumption throughout the property portfolio.
“Every one of our winners tonight and every one of our nominees has followed in the path of great innovators,” said David H. Glusman, Partner-in-Charge of Marcum’s Philadelphia office. “The things you try don’t always work. In order to be innovative, you have to be willing to fail before you succeed and succeed big.
“That’s what we’re celebrating tonight. Marcum is honored to congratulate each of the outstanding companies whose achievements made the inaugural Marcum Innovator of the Year Awards so incredibly difficult to judge.”