- James Ashe, CPA, MAFF, CFF, Partner in Charge of the National Advisory Team, spoke at the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants on January 9, 2015 on the topic “Writing Forensic Reports.”
- Michael Brown, CPA, CFE, Director, served as an Adjunct Professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice teaching an auditing class in the fall of 2014.In the Winter/Spring 2015 semester, he was recruited to help teach two additional classes : Advanced Financial Reporting and Analysis, and Public Sector Accounting and Auditing.
- Sean Clancy, CFE, Manager, has been named to the Board of the Long Island Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association.
- Kathleen Suker, CPA, CFF, ABV, CFE, Manager, was elected Executive Vice President of the Accountant Attorney Networking Group (AANG) for 2015.
- Kevin J. Baldwin, CPA, Manager, Roseland office, was a panelist for the Jersey Shore Inns of Court where he spoke on “Determining
the Pre-Marital value of a Business” in January 2015. In March, Kevin spoke at the New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Retreat in Key West,
Florida on the topic : “Reasonable Compensation: Key Factors to be Considered.”
- Ilan Hirschfeld, Partner, Roseland Office, participated on a panel in Paris at the NJ Bar Mid-Year Retreat in November discussing “Hot Tips” in Matrimonial Litigation.
- Matt Bavolack, Principal and National Practice Leader of Marcum's Health Care Consulting Practice, presented to the Association for
Long Term Care Financial Managers (ALTCFM) on March 26, 2015 in Plantsville, CT. Matt's presentation focused on ACOs, Bundled Products and Case
Mix Reimbursement. Matt is also coordinating and organizing the 2nd Annual Marcum Long Term Care Symposium on May 12, 2015 at the Mohegan Sun Casino.This
event is expected to draw over 250 owners, operators and administrators throughout the New England area. For more information on this event, please
- David Grindle, CPA, CFE, CFF, Director, New Haven Office, spoke at theUniversity of New Haven's Center for Family
Business at Oak Lane Country Club on April 7. The topic was “Dos and Don'ts for Family Owned Businesses in regards to Fraud Prevention and
- Marissa Pepe Turrell, ASA, CVA, MBA has rejoined the New England Advisory Services team as a Director based in the Needham office.She
will focus on all aspects of business valuation, financial modeling, and litigation support. Marissa recently passed the Level 1 portion of the
Chartered Financial Analyst ( “CFA”) exam.
- Frank Rudewicz, JD, CPP, CAMS, Partner-in-Charge of the New England Advisory practice, recently attended the 29th Annual ABA National
Institute on White Collar Crime in New Orleans, LA. Frank was also asked to speak at several recent events including:
- April 2: “Conducting an Internal Investigation” at Robinson & Cole Education Roundtable in Boston.
- April 9: “Demystifying AML Analytics” at the Institute of Internal Auditors Annual Gaming Conference in Las Vegas.
- April 30: “Tips and Best Practices for Developing Business” at the Provisors Rainmaker Workshop in Boston.
He will also serve as a judge for the Connecticut Bar Foundation's James W. Cooper Fellows 2014-2015 Essay Contest. This year's essay contest, “Restroom Unrest,” has 30 schools and 88 students participating.
- John Heller, CPA, CIRA, Director, Fort Lauderdale office, attended a Bankruptcy Bar of the Southern District of Florida Seminar
regarding the current US Supreme Court Hearings on Bankruptcy Appeals in March. He plans on attending the Bankruptcy Bar Retreat in early May.
- Anthony Banks, ASA, Senior Manager, Fort Lauderdale office, and Melissa Charnota, Manager, Miami office, conducted an internal two-day business valuation training in March for Marcum's Florida Region.