- James Ashe, National Partner in Charge of the Firm's Advisory Services Division, was recently featured on MSNBC's "Your Business," with JJ Ramberg. James spoke on how to protect your business against embezzlement.
- James Ashe was also recently featured on Forbes podcast program "Uncommon Ground," hosted by Alli Breen. Mr. Ashe and Carolyn Mazzenga, Partner in Charge of the Firm's Melville office, discussed their backgrounds in the accounting business.
- John Cherpock joined Marcum's Advisory Services Division in the New York City office as a Senior Advisor. John has nearly 40 years of experience assisting clients in identifying and resolving complex financial and business challenges. He provides consulting advices and expert testimony in fraud investigation and financial restatement matters, complex financial disputes, forensic accounting/fraud investigations and bankruptcy/troubled company matters.
- Daniel Roche, Advisory Director, was recently elected as President of the Northern New Jersey Chapter of the American Society of Appraisers.
- Gary B. Rosen has joined the Firm as a Managing Director in Marcum's New York Advisory Services division, where he serves as the NYC Practice Leader and a member of its Forensics Practice group.
- Kathleen Suker, Advisory Manager in the Melville office, spoke at the May 2016 Accountant/Attorney Networking Group, Inc. meeting on the topic "Working with Divorce Attorneys and Forensic Accountants."
- Ilan Hirschfeld, Advisory Partner in Charge of the Firm's Neptune Office and Marcum's Marital Dissolution Practice Leader has been actively giving presentations this summer. Some of his recent speaking engagements include:
- New Jersey State Bar Association's Institute for Legal Education - "Matrimonial Math Seminar" – Panelist
- Barry Croland Inns of Court - "Financial Analysis – Tax Returns, Valuations and Lifestyle" – Panelist
- Family Law Summer Institute - Presented in cooperation with the New Jersey State Bar Association & the Matrimonial Lawyer's Alliance – Panelist July 27, 2016
- Arlen Lasinsky, a Director in the Firm's Deerfield Office, has been a frequently called upon speaker over the last several months for his expertise on fraud detection. His speaking engagements include:
- March 2016 – Financial Management Association Finance Leaders Conference, "Fraud in Finance"
- March 2016 – Community Association Institute – WI Manager's Luncheon, "Cyber Fraud – Be Protected and What To Do If You Become A Victim."
- May 2016 – First Bank of Highland Park, Keynote Speaker, "Don't Be the Next Victim"
- May 2016 - LeadingAge Michigan Annual Conference, "Preventing Fraud Before It's Too Late" and "The Protection Required When Electronics Are Used"
- May 2016 - Windy City Summit, "Protecting Your Company: Best Practices To Safeguard Your Company's Assets"
- June 2016 - Illinois Nursing Home Administrators Association, "Protection Required When Using Electronics"
- In April 2016, Steve Lavenda, Advisory Partner in the Deerfield office, spoke at the LeadingAge Annual Conference on "Utilizing the Medicaid Cost Report and Capital Report to Improve Your Bottom Line" with Joshua Banach, a Senior Manager in our Deerfield office.
- In May 2016, Scott Manson, Advisory Partner in the Deerfield Office, spoke at the Indiana Association for Home and Hospice Care Annual Conference and Trade Show on "How to Account for Hospice Reimbursement Changes" with Joshua Banach.
- Frank Brulenski, an Advisory Partner in Marcum's Philadelphia office and Key Coleman, a Director also out of the Philadelphia office, presented a session titled "Insurance and Resinsurance in a Low Carbon Economy" on July 12th at the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) Annual Event in Bermuda. The presentation addressed the financial risks from both the policy/industry and the legal/liability exposure standpoints.
- In April 2016, Richard Devine, Partner in Charge of Marcum's Philadelphia Advisory Consulting Services, and John McLaughlin, a Philadelphia Assurance Partner, spoke with the Board of Trustees and Executive Cabinet at Cabrini College regarding Enterprise Risk Management.
- On July 15, 2016, Christopher Welde, Senior Advisory Manager in Philadelphia will present at Philadelphia Youth Network's Work-Ready initiative program at Thomas Jefferson University, as part of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants' (PICPA) speakers bureau.
- Ricardo Zayas, a Philadelphia Advisory Partner, will be presenting at the AICPA Forensic and Valuation Conference in November 2016. He will discuss the role of the CPA in White Collar Criminal Matters.
- The Philadelphia Advisory Practice hosted an event for approximately 50 white collar lawyers entitled "Crime & Cocktails" on June 2, 2016 at the Union League.
- David Grindle, CPA, CFE, CFF has been named a Director on the New Haven, CT, Advisory Team.
- Kati Allison and Brian Peterson have been promoted to Supervisors on the Advisory Team in Marcum’s Boston office.
- Brad Taylor, Marcum’s National Director of Business Valuation Services, and Dan Roche presented the topic “Valuing Intellectual Property” at the New York Bar Journal’s event on Wednesday, October 15th, at the Radisson Martinique in New York City.
- John Heller will be featured in the November issue of Metropolitan Corporate Counsel on the topic “Bankruptcy Issues for Healthy Companies: What Creditors Face.”
- Melissa Charnota has been promoted to Manager on Marcum’s Advisory Team in the Miami office.
- Jonathan Eargle has been promoted to Senior in the Miami office.
HAVE A QUESTION? ASK MARCUM