Brian Sackstein is a Director based in the New York Metro area specializing in the Healthcare and Not-for-Profit Services. With over 19 years of experience in the healthcare and Not-for-Profit field, his clients include permanency and adoption services, residential group care programs, organizations providing educational and other services for the developmentally disabled, community/migrant health centers, residential drug treatment programs, behavioral healthcare organizations, prepaid health service plans, and other Not-for- Profit corporations. Brian is also a specialist in the auditing of employee benefit plans.
Brian provides auditing, accounting and management advisory services for clients. His responsibilities include the planning, coordination, and review of accounting and auditing projects, the preparation and review of financial statements, coordination of audits in accordance with Office of Management and Budget Circular A-133, and the presentation of audited financial statements and reports to management and boards of directors. Brian also supervises and reviews the preparation and the impact of client cost reports, which include the Consolidated Fiscal Report (CFR), Standards of Payment Report (SOP), Institutional Cost Report (ICR) for funding agencies in New York State, FQHC Medicare cost reports, required for filing with Department of Health & Human Services and the Medicaid Cost Report (AHCF).
Brian's services also include reviewing existing operations to improve efficiencies, performing financial budgeting and cash flow projections, internal control reviews, training clients' staff and board trainings in the areas of federal audits and reimbursement analysis, conducting project feasibility studies, developing new programs, reviewing of operations and rates to support reimbursement and advising on rate reimbursement appeals. Brian has worked with organizations whose budgets ranged from $1 million to $5 billion.
- St. Joseph Hospital, Community Action Board
- Briarcliffe College, Business Department Advisory Board
- New York State Society of CPAs (NYSSCPA), Not-for-Profit committee
- New York State Consolidated Fiscal Reporting Interagency Committee
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Action Long Island (ALI), Healthcare Committee and its not-for-profit consultant
- Financial Management Association (FMA)
- Interagency Council of Developmental Disabilities Agencies, Inc. (IAC)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- "Operationalizing Compliance Plans into Compliance Programs" and "Finance Department and Quality Assurance Review" for the Interagency Council of Developmental Disabilities Agencies, Inc. (IAC)
- "Ambulatory Patient Group (APGs) Implementation in New York State" for the Financial Managers Association (FMA)
- "Keeping the Money... Why Program and Fiscal Must Meet!!!" for the IAC
Employee Benefit Plans
Community/Migrant Community, Health Centers
Residential Group Care Programs
Permanency and Adoptions Services
Behavioral Healthcare Organizations
Healthcare Assessment and Improvement Organizations
B.B.A. in Accounting,
Who's Who in Accounting, Long Island Business News, 2013