Cary Drazner is a partner in the Firm's Assurance Services division and a member of the Broker-Dealer Practice group. He joined Marcum in 2015 via the Firm's merger with Frost, Ruttenberg, & Rothblatt P.C., one of the largest full-service accounting firms in the Chicago region.
For more than 30 years, Mr. Drazner has specialized in providing privately held and family-owned businesses with accounting, tax and consulting services. His strength lies in his creative ability to analyze and assess client needs and situations, in order to enhance profitability and efficiency.
Mr. Drazner's consultations center on his client's business needs and include discussions on tax planning, strategic planning, management challenges, business succession planning, retirement, and estate and financial planning. His clients include manufacturers and distributors, long-term healthcare providers/physician practices, employee benefit plans, construction companies and homebuilders.
At FROST, he led the FROST Peer Review Services team, including internal inspections and reviews of clients' quality control systems. He also served on FROST's Quality Control Committee, among others.Among his recent accomplishments, Mr. Drazner:
- Helped clients navigate the challenges they faced from international competition, increasing costs and a changing marketplace.
- Aided businesses as they transitioned to the second generation, including development of a business plan, monitoring the progress, and counseling key players on leadership and management issues.
- Used gifting, creation of trusts and other estate tax strategies to minimize the tax consequences for various high wealth clients.
- Evaluated exit strategies for business owners nearing retirement.
- Assisted clients in performing due diligence for business acquisitions.
- Assisted clients in preparing and negotiating for sale of their businesses.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Home Builders Association of Greater Chicago, Past Treasurer
- Illinois CPA Society, Peer Review Executive Committee
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign