Chad Melroy is a director in Marcum's Philadelphia office and a member of the Firm's Advisory Services division and Construction Industry Practice group. He came to Marcum in 2015 via the Firm's merger with Smart Devine, a leading full-service accounting firm in Philadelphia.
Mr. Melroy is a Certified Fraud Examiner, a Certified Construction Auditor and as Associate in Fidelity and Surety Bonding with extensive knowledge in the surety claims industry where he conducts forensic accounting investigations, administering financial audits, books and records reviews, performing internal controls and operational reviews, developing cash flows and forecasting projections, monitoring takeover and completion costs, and performing contract completion audits and funds control. His experience includes working with all types of contractors ranging in size from the large national accounts to the smaller subcontractors. He also has a wide range of Fidelity claims investigations experience.
His previous experience includes roles as an underwriter, project administrator and an accounting executive at two Fortune 200 insurance companies. His work in the insurance industry provides Mr. Melroy with the ability to provide consulting services from the perspective of the client.Among his accomplishments, Mr. Melroy has:
- engaged in complex fidelity matter where accounting assistance was required domestically and internationally;
- provided surety loss management and mitigation throughout the entire claims process to ensure all costs and exposures were accounting for and managed;
- performed operational, internal controls and system utilization reviews to enhance and manage the company's business operations more effectively;
- provided detailed analyses for construction claims and disputes relative to payment bond disputes, subcontractor and supplier ratifications, owner/principal dispute and delay damages;
- provided forensic accounting through various analyses and reports in support of litigation for clients;
- implemented cash flow analyses to various contractors to help manage the business by developing a cash flow model and forecasting projections to utilize in underwriting departments;
- performed detailed analysis of contract completion audits to ensure all costs are allocated and property accounted for.
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Member
- Eastern Bond Claims Review, Sponsor/Member
- National Association of Construction Auditors, Member
- National Bond Claims Association, Member
- Philadelphia Surety Claims Association, Sponsor/Member
Construction Claims & Disputes
Escrow Agent and Funds Management
Surety & Fidelity Bond Investigations
Surety Loss Management/Mitigation
Contract Completion Audits
Developing Cash Flows and Forecast Projections
Bachelor of Science - Business Administration (Management & Management Information Systems)
Elon University, Elon, NC