Donald Butler has more than 30 years of experience in auditing, accounting, tax and advisory services for a range of clients, including not-for-profit organizations, closely held businesses and professional service organizations.
Much of his work involves accounting, auditing, tax and advisory services within the not-for-profit sector. In this capacity, he has evaluated and made recommendations to more than 80 not-for-profit organizations regarding their compliance with state and federal regulations as well as their financial reporting and financial operations. He also has expertise in measuring the effectiveness of their boards of directors.
Mr. Butler has developed and led more than 20 seminars statewide regarding accounting, tax and management issues concerning not-for-profits. He has also written several articles, including "The Implication of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act with Regard to Not-for-Profits," which was published in the Miami Review.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- National Association of Black Accountants, Inc.
- Helen B. Bentley Family Health Center, Former Chairman
- Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce, Former Treasurer
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools AYMS Project
- Committee for the Overtown and Omni Areas
- City of Miami Community Redevelopment Agency, Former Chairman of Oversight
- City of South Miami Community Relations Board, Former Member
- Coconut Grove Local Development Corporation, Inc., Former Member
- Business Assistance Center, Former Member
- Diocese of Southeast Florida, Budget Committee
- Florida International University School of Accounting Advisory Board, Former Member
- Neighbors 4 Neighbors, Treasurer
- University of Miami Library Visiting Committee, Member
- Miami – Dade Chamber of Commerce – Member
- Church of the Incarnation, Member of the Vestry, Senior Warden
- FICPA Not For Profit Industry Conference Committee Member
- The Miami Foundation Professional Advisor Network, Board Member
- Marcum Foundation, Board of Directors
Financial Accounting Advisory
Financial Services Firms
Professional Services Firms
Real Estate Companies
Bachelor of Business Administration,
Florida International University