Don Zidik is a Director in the Firm's Boston, Massachusetts office. Don has over 20 years of experience with providing tax services to high net worth individuals, estates and trusts and closely held businesses, and many of the firm's non-for-profit clients, including schools, foundations and historical societies.
Don serves on various tax committees with the AICPA and the Massachusetts Society of CPA's. In addition, Don is an Adjunct Professor at Suffolk University.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- AICPA Individual and Self-Employed Tax Technical Resource Panel
- MSCPA Federal Taxation, Academic and Career Development
- Real Estate Finance Association (Greater Boston Real Estate Board)
- Personal Financial Specialist, AICPA
- Crispus Attucks Children’s Center, Treasurer
- Winchester Rotary Club
- Quoted in Washington Post Article, "T-Mobile's plan to give away free stock could create a tax headache for millions of first-time investors".
- Quoted in Washington Post on some of the ways that procrastinators can still benefit from professional tax help before April 15.
- Tax Director Donald Zidik spoke with the Wall Street Journal about March Madness and the taxation of gambling winnings and losses."The Other March Madness: What the IRS Thinks of Your Bracket"
- Quoted in the San Francisco Chronicle, "How to pay tax on fantasy sports winnings".
- Co-authored an article "Individual Taxation: Recent Developments", The Tax Adviser, March 2016
- Co-authored an article "Directions in Individual Taxation," in The Tax Adviser, September, 2015
- Quoted in U.S. News and World Report Article, "Tax Prep: Demystifying the Home Office Deduction"
- Boston Estate Planning Council - Moderator for Member Round Table Breakfast
- Recent Developments in Individual Taxation, The Tax Adviser, March 2015
- Panelist- 2014 New England Institute on Taxation
- Individual & Self-Employed Tax Update: Top 10 Issues to Discuss with Your Client, 2014
- Taxing Fantasy Sports, AICPA Tax Insider, 2014
- Considerations for Filing Composite Tax Returns, The Tax Adviser, 2014
- Individual Taxation: Digest of Recent Developments: Part I, The Tax Adviser, 2014
- Individual Taxation: Digest of Recent Developments: Part II, The Tax Adviser, 2014
- New Directions in Individual Taxation, The Tax Adviser, 2014
- Don't Make These Tax Mistakes, Wall Street Journal, 2014
- 2013 Tax Planning With the New Tax Law – Avoiding Unintended Consequences, 2013
- Tax Strategies for the High-Income Individual, 2013
- Year-end Tax Planning, Merrimack Valley Estate Planning Council, 2013
- Cost Basis Reporting, IRS Nationwide Tax Forum, 2013
- Developments in Individual Taxation, The Tax Adviser, 2013
- Individual Tax Report, The Tax Adviser, 2013
- The New Capital-Gains Maze, Wall Street Journal, 2013
- A New Home-Office Write-Off, Wall Street Journal, 2013
- Quoted in the USA Today and The Christian Science Monitor
Master of Science in Taxation
Bachelor of Arts
University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Some Morgan Stanley wealth management customers are getting news in the mail this week: They underpaid - or in some cases, overpaid - their taxes ....
This article covers recent developments in the area of individual taxation, including cases involving trade or business expenses; proposed regulations on the Sec. 83(b) election; ....
The PATH Act of 2015 imposes new requirements for claiming the child tax credit, earned income tax credit,
and American opportunity tax credit.
T-Mobile wants its customers to have a stake in the company’s future - literally. So it’s offering existing subscribers a free share of its stock ....
Many of our clients serve as trustees or executors and should be aware of certain elections that may be available to them. This is especially ....
If you haven’t hired a tax pro by now, you may be out of luck. This year, tax returns and taxes are due April 18, ....
As March Madness gets under way, millions of people are grappling with critical questions: Can you trust Oregon? Which no. 5 seed will go down ....
This article covers recent developments in the area of individual taxation, including cancellation-of-debt (COD) income; a hobby loss case where the taxpayer prevailed with the ....
As football season winds down and tax season gears up, it's a good time for fantasy sports enthusiasts to think about how they should report ....
This article covers recent developments in the area of individual taxation, including the treatment of support payments and IRA and qualified plan distributions, the Sec. ....
This article covers recent developments affecting taxation of individuals, including regulations, cases, and IRS guidance. The items are arranged in Code section order.
It's the sexiest and scariest of deductions, and it's often shrouded in mystery. It's the home office deduction, and rumors abound about who qualifies, how ....
This article covers recent developments affecting taxation of individuals, including regulations, cases, and IRS guidance.
As the internet has grown enormously in the past decade, so has participation in online fantasy sports leagues. Last year, approximately 33 million people in ....
Many states allow a passthrough entity to file a composite return on behalf of its nonresident individual owners in lieu of each owner filing his ....
This article is Part I of a two-part article covering recent developments affecting taxation of individuals, including regulations, cases, and IRS guidance.
How should you feel about this year's taxes? It's complicated The Internal Revenue Service opened its filing season Friday, and by midnight ....