Garry Chankin is a partner in the Firm's Tax & Business Services division and a member of the Accounting Services Practice group. He joined Marcum in 2015 as the result of the Firm's merger with Frost, Ruttenberg, & Rothblatt P.C., one of the largest full-service accounting firms in the Chicago region.
Mr. Chankin has been a practicing CPA since 1975 and joined FROST in 1984. His background in accounting and taxes, along with his many years of consulting experience, make him a trusted advisor to his diverse client base. His clients range from professional service firms to manufacturing companies. He has special expertise with homeowners associations and often consults with clients, large and small, on retirement plans, family and business crisis mediation, negotiated buyouts, and real estate transactions.Among the accomplishments and highlights of his career, Mr. Chankin:
- Served as executor and trustee for numerous clients who entrust him to caretake the personal wealth that took them lifetimes to build.
- Negotiated and mediated an emotionally charged family settlement that not only allowed the heirs of a hotel chain to reach a satisfactory agreement, but kept the family intact.
- Counseled a noncompliant taxpayer who was distraught over his tax situation. By restructuring losses and gains, Mr. Chankin enabled the client to eliminate his tax liabilities and removed the threat of potential financial ruin.
- Spearheaded the tax and accounting work for a prominent family with personal wealth in excess of several hundred million dollars, including vast real estate holdings and numerous other entities.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association of Condominium Townhome and Homeowners Associations, Board MemberIllinois CPA Society
Professional Service Firms
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Bronze Tablet Medal, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign