Gary Carpenter is a director of advisory services in the Firm's national Healthcare Services Practice group, with more than 25 years of experience in healthcare financial consulting.
Mr. Carpenter has advised home health agencies, hospitals, durable medical equipment (DME) manufacturers and other industry sectors on strategic planning, compliance, financial and clinical operations. An operations specialist, Mr. Carpenter advises clients on specific changes in healthcare regulatory matters and serves as a financial watchdog over agency operations.
His extensive healthcare accounting experience includes advisory roles at leading accounting firms as well as several years as vice president of Finance and Operations at a national home healthcare chain. Immediately prior to joining Marcum, he was a healthcare specialist at a regional accounting firm in New York.
Mr. Carpenter is an adjunct professor of accounting at SUNY College at Old Westbury. In 2015, he was honored as Man of the Year by Saint Catherine of Siena Medical Center, where he is a Community Board member. He was named a Health Care Hero by Long Island Business News in both 2014 and 2015.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- NYS Association of Health Care Providers, Board member
- Visiting Nurse Association of Long Island, Board member
- St. Catherine of Sienna Medical Center, Community Board member
- Institute of Management Accountants, past president
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Long Island, lecturer, past chairman of the board
- Siena College, former associate trustee
- St. Catherine of Sienna Medical Center, 2015 Man of the Year
- Health Care Hero, Long Island Business News, 2014 and 2015
Operational Best Practices
Home Health Care entities
Durable Medical Equipment (DME) companies
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting