James Philbin is a partner in the Firm's Boston, Massachusetts office. He has over 25 years of experience in audit, tax and business consulting. He works with our closely held businesses and families to help them with their business, estate and financial planning and tax needs.
In recognition of his considerable experience in personal financial planning, Mr. Philbin was awarded the designation of Personal Financial Specialist by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is also a Certified Financial Planner.
Mr. Philbin also works with many emerging businesses in such industries as technology, internet commerce and professional services. He has extensive experience with strategic tax planning for businesses and entity structuring for LLCs, Partnerships and Corporations. He also advises international companies on establishing a U.S. business presence, providing advisory and compliance support.
Prior to joining Marcum, Mr. Philbin was a shareholder in a large, regional accounting firm in New England.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- Irish Network Boston
- Boston Estate Planning Council
- Real Estate Finance Association (REFA)
- Foxboro Youth Basketball Association, Board Member
- Marion Manor, Board Member
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- Personal Financial Specialist, AICPA
- Certified Financial Planner
Master of Science in Taxation
Master Personal Financial Planner Certificate
Bachelor of Science, Accounting and Economics