John McCarthy is an Assurance Director in the Firm's Boston office. John has over 14 years of experience providing audit and financial reporting services to public and private companies, with a specialty in real estate including Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs). He also has industry expertise in the fields of not-for-profits, hospitality, distribution, and technology.
John has been involved in initial Securities and Exchange Commission registrations, as well as ongoing SEC reporting and compliance issues. He also performs audits under International Financial Reporting Standards, and performs Peer Reviews of other accounting firms. Additionally, John serves as an instructor for a variety of continuing professional education seminars.
Prior to joining Marcum, John was a Senior Manager at a large regional accounting firm in New England where he served as a member of the Assurance Service Committee, led the Firm's Internal Inspection program, and trained staff on various audit and accounting topics.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Treasurer, Meridian Academy
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts® (NAREIT)
- Real Estate Finance Association (REFA)
- Going Public: The Ins and Outs for REITs, NAIOP's Development Magazine, Winter 2015/2016
Reviews and Compilations
International Financial Reporting
Real Estate Developers, Managers & Owners
Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
Master of Business Administration
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
Bachelor of Arts, Communications
THE POPULARITY OF real estate investment trusts (REITs) as an investment vehicle in today's marketplace has made the opportunity for REITs to become publicly traded ....