Justin Nepo is a partner in Marcum's Philadelphia office and a member of the Firm's Assurance Services division and the Government Services Practice group. He came to Marcum in 2015 via the Firm's merger with Smart Devine, a leading full-service accounting firm in Philadelphia, where he led the governmental and nonprofit accounting and auditing practice as partner-in-charge and also headed the Firm's Quality Control program.
Mr. Nepo has extensive experience serving governmental entities, nonprofit entities and closely held businesses.
He is very active in the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants, serving on the State and Local Tax and Accounting and Auditing Committees and has been involved with criminal investigations of government frauds. In addition, He is a frequent speaker at industry conferences and events.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Bringing Hope Home, Development Committee, 2014-2015
- Middletown Free Library Association, President, 2013-Present; Treasurer, 2011-2012
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) - Accounting and Auditing Committee, 2014 to Present; Executive Committee, 2013-2014
- State and Local Tax Committee, 2008-2014
- Accounting & Auditing Best Practices Program, Greater Philadelphia Chapter PICPA, Oct. 2015
- Accounting Update Conference, PICPA annual meeting, June 2015
- Accounting & Auditing Update to the Healthcare Financial Management Association, May 2014
Master of Taxation
BS, Criminal Justice, Minor in Accounting
West Chester University
PICPA Young Leader Award, 2013
On June 23, 2014, the State of New Jersey passed new legislation which may have gone unnoticed by most, but was significant for owners of ....