Margery Piercey is partner-in-charge of Marcum's Boston office and a member of the Firm's Executive Committee. She has more than 30 years of experience, over which time she has served a diverse client base ranging from start-ups to multigenerational businesses, from partnerships to public companies and non-profit organizations.
Ms. Piercey specializes in providing audit, advisory and compliance Services, including audits of investments funds; surprise examinations of registered investment advisors; broker-dealer financial statement audits and related compliance attestations; and audit, review and advisory services to family and other closely-held businesses.
Her experience prior to joining the Firm includes serving as leader of the Commercial Industries Audit Department at a regional accounting firm, eight years with a "Big 4" firm, and seven years in industry, working in corporate financial reporting and treasury management with a global public manufacturing company and in the start-up environment.
Ms. Piercey has authored many articles and spoken on numerous occasions about corporate financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, financial analysis, and governance. Her portfolio of thought leadership also includes compliance guidance specific to broker-dealers and investment advisors.
Ms. Piercey is an active leader in the profession. She currently serves on the AICPA Board of Directors and is a past chair of the Massachusetts Society of CPAs.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Board Member
- Mass Insight Education, Board and Audit Committee Member
- Isenberg School, University of Massachusetts, Accounting Advisory Board Member
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA), Past Board Chair
- The Boston Foundation, Past Professional Advisors Committee Member
- Family Business Association, Past Advisory Council Facilitator
- United Way of Tri-County, Past Board Chair
- Tara Bean Foundation, Past Board Member
- Women to Watch, Experienced Leader – MSCPA, 2015
- Women of FIRE (Finance, Insurance, Real Estate) - Banker & Tradesman, 2015
- Accounting Alumnus of the Year - Isenberg School of Management, 2008
- Top 10 Heroes – Women Business Boston, 2004
Manufacturers & Distributors
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
Isenberg School of Management, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
Margery Piercey, formerly the leader of Wolf's commercial audit department, started at Marcum
on Monday. A certified public accountant with more than 30 years of experience ....
Margery Piercey, a widely recognized leader in both the Massachusetts accounting industry and the national accounting profession, has been named partner-in-charge of the Boston office ....