Richard Sgarlata is partner-in-charge of the Firm's Chicago region, overseeing the Chicago and Deerfield, Illinois, offices. He is a member of the Tax & Business Services division and a member of the Firm's Executive Committee. As former president of Frost, Ruttenberg, & Rothblatt P.C., one of the largest full-service accounting firms in the Chicago region, he joined Marcum when the firms merged in 2015.
Rick Sgarlata has more than 40 years of experience as a CPA and consultant. His special expertise includes financial accounting and reporting for manufacturing entities, service businesses and healthcare providers. Among the services he provides are implementing financial accounting systems, reporting on financial statements, advising on mergers and acquisitions, and individual and corporate tax planning. In addition, he regularly advises individual and business clients on tax and financial opportunities, including developing financial strategies and solutions that benefit the company and its shareholders.Among his accomplishments, Mr. Sgarlata:
- Developed gift and estate tax strategies for shareholders of an international manufacturer that resulted in estate tax savings to the family of $900,000.
- Guided the implementation of retirement and employee benefit plan options for a human resources consulting firm resulting in $50,000 annual tax savings.
- Counseled a family-owned wholesale building supply company with annual revenue of $5 million on a business succession plan transferring stock ownership to the third generation.
- Arranged a due diligence engagement for a major Chicago bank proposing a $25 million refinancing of a health care organization.
- Advised on the planning, documentation and implementation of charitable foundations for clients.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- DFK International, past member, Executive Committee; past president, 2010-2011
- Illinois CPA Society
- Previously served on the advisory board of a Chicago bank
As medical professionals attempt to deal with the fluctuating business of healthcare, including the Affordable Care Act, the increased dependence on Medicaid and the consolidation ....
January 22, 2016
Long Island Business News interviewed Chicago Partner-in-Charge Rick Sgarlata and Melville Partner-in-Charge Carolyn Mazzenga for a feature profile on Marcum's growth and national expansion.
A little more than a year ago, Frost, Ruttenberg & Rothblatt, a regional firm in Chicago with around 20 shareholders and principals and 90 professionals ....
Accounting firm Marcum has expanded into the Midwest, by merging Illinois-based Frost, Ruttenberg & Rothblatt into its operations as of Nov. 1.
An independent Deerfield accounting firm founded 60 years ago is celebrating its anniversary by selling to a larger, New York-based firm.
Marcum LLP, a top national accounting and advisory services firm, has acquired Frost, Ruttenberg & Rothblatt, P.C. (FROST), a full-service accounting firm with offices in ....
Top 100 Firm Marcum LLP announced that it has merged with Illinois-based accounting firm Frost, Ruttenberg & Rothblatt PC, as of November 1.