Scott Pohar is a partner in the Firm's Tax & Business Services division and a member of the Trusts & Estates Practice group. He joined Marcum in 2015 via the Firm's merger with Frost, Ruttenberg, & Rothblatt P.C., one of the largest full-service accounting firms in the Chicago region.
At FROST, Mr. Pohar was Director of Estates & Trusts, addressing the growing needs of both individual and business clients. With extensive experience in multi-generational estate planning, income tax compliance, charitable planning and private foundations, he teams with his clients and attorneys to establish and achieve their estate, tax and financial goals.
Mr. Pohar's strengths include his ability to steer the estate planning process to help clients mitigate risks, capitalize on current tax laws, and coordinate with current income tax planning. One of his finest talents is making a complex process clear and understandable for his clients. He utilizes a team approach by working closely with estate attorneys and investment consultants to help the planning process move smoothly. He applies his trust experience, accounting and income tax skills to minimize taxes and to make sure clients' objectives are fulfilled, especially in the area of complex wealth transfer issues. This coordinated approach helps clients succeed in achieving their financial aspirations.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Atlanta Estate Planning Council, former Director
- Ft. Lauderdale Estate Planning Council, former Director
- Illinois CPA Society, Committee on the Taxation of Estates, Gifts & Trusts
- North Shore Estate Planning Council
- Illinois Society of CPAs, analysis of IRC Section 6035
- Accountants' Guide to Grantor Trusts
- Trust Accountings
Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting
Georgia State University