Whit Forehand is partner-in-charge of the Orlando office and a partner in the Assurance Services division, as well as a member of Marcum's national Construction Industry Practice group. He came to Marcum in 2015 via the Firm's merger with DGLF CPAs & Business Advisors, a full-service accounting firm specializing in construction and real estate, with offices in Nashville, Tennessee, and Orlando, Florida.
Whit has 30 years of accounting experience, focusing exclusively on construction and related issues since 1993. His specific areas of focus include financial statement analysis, surety bonding issues, claim documentation and consultation, accounting-related litigation support, and merger and acquisition consultation.
Whit has written and spoken extensively on construction accounting topics and is the author of over 20 articles on construction accounting. Whit serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Construction Accounting and Taxation. He is also a Subject Matter Expert for CFMA publications and is the author of two chapters of the Construction Controller's Manual published by RIA Thomson Reuters. Whit is a frequent speaker on construction accounting topics and was appointed to the AICPA National Construction Committee in 2014.
Whit performs claim documentation for public and private entities throughout the United States. He has been accepted as an expert in construction accounting matters in both Federal Court and numerous State Courts. He has worked on large multi-party claims for several Fortune 500 companies including GE, Siemens and Honeywell. He helped speed the settlement in most cases and assisted all sides in reaching a clear understanding of the costs and financial issues involved.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- American Road and Transportation Builders Association
- Florida Transportation Builders Association
- National Association of Surety Bond Producers
- Revenue Recognition Standard- How to Implement the Standard, AICPA Construction and Real Estate Conference, December 2015
- The Journal of Construction Accounting and Taxation, editorial board
- CMFA Publications, Subject Matter Expert
- Construction Controller's Manual, published by RIA Thomson Reuters
- Key Metrics and Dashboarding for Construction Contractors, AICPA National Conference, December 5, 2014
- Contractor Internal Controls at the Office and Jobsite, CICPAC Annual Conference, July 25, 2013
- Heavy Highway Contractor Business Planning & Strategies in an Economic Downturn, CAT Finance Seminar, January 14, 2010
- Construction Accounting & Auditing: Issues & Risks During Difficult Times, FICPA Construction Industry Conference, October 23, 2009
- Construction Industry Advanced Accounting and Taxation, FICPA Continuing Professional Education, June 19, 2009
- Heavy Highway Contractor Business Planning & Strategies in an Economic Downturn, 2009 FTBA/FDOT Construction Conference, February 25, 2009
Construction Accounting and Taxation
Consultation on Construction Industry Strategy
Financial Statement Analysis
Surety Bonding Consultation
Merger and Acquisition Consultation
Claim Documentation and Consultation
Bachelor of Science, Accounting