Alan Griffith serves as the Partner-in-Charge of the Firm's California Tax Services and is a member of its Corporate Tax Compliance, International Tax Services, and State and Local Tax practice groups. He has more than 25 years of experience providing tax advisory services to a wide range of domestic and international clients. Additionally, Mr. Griffith is a member of the Firm's National Healthcare Industry Group.
Mr. Griffith is passionate about his role as a trusted tax advisor. He has the unique ability to explain complex tax issues in “layman's terms” and lives by the creed that while tax results are an important consideration within any business transaction context – “the tax tail should never wag the business dog.”
Mr. Griffith is well-recognized in the profession for his extensive knowledge of tax consulting, compliance, and controversy strategies. Clients rely on his technical expertise and “real world” perspective to ensure their business and tax objective are achieved.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- FIN 48: Accounting for Uncertain Tax Positions - Proposed Interpretation
- FAS 109: Income Tax Provisions - A Conceptual and Hands-On Approach to Complex Issues
- Tax Incentives: New Section 199 - The Domestic Production Deduction
Master of Science‚ Taxation
Golden Gate University
Bachelor of Arts‚ Psychology
California State University‚ Long Beach
How has the use of technology impacted how your clients run their international businesses - are they willing to make the investment in this economy?Alan ....
According to the latest data, earnings held offshore reached $1.5 trillion at the end of 2011.